Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ooh my aching self

TTT kicked my upper bod today and I love her for it! She distracted me from the pain of really heavy chest and shoulder presses by telling me stories about and imitating her drag queen friends and acquaintances. You have no idea how hard it is to bench press 2/3 of your body weight while a 5-foot tall bubble-butted blondie body builder prances around like a queen. She also gave me a derishus, citrus-cilantro scented candle and a t-shirt for my birdie last week.

Pam gave me a beautiful heart-shaped stone yesterday for my birthday, too.

I am realizing something huge, at a heartfelt level here. Y'all are my family. I was born into some crazy shit, for better, for worse, but I've cultivated a family around me who are not related to me by blood. We are related on a much deeper plane. We choose to connect not because we have to, but because we truly care about each other.

How fucking great is that?

I likes it. I've also realized that my love and connection to hooligans such as Dr. Dr. Ramon and Mr. IB isn't about a sexual love, it's about family. Those mufuggahs are my family. They know me, they get me, they've seen me grow up right before their very eyes, they put up with me from time to time, they piss me off royally, but they're there for me in the ways they can be. And most of the time, it ain't enough. Ain't that family?

I feel liberated.

Comments:
Correction: I have no love for Dr. Dr. Ramon.
 
Hehehehe!
 
Carlos! Why you laughin'?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?