Sunday, October 30, 2005

Running again

. . . and happy about it. Yesterday I ran 5 or 6 miles in the glorious fall sunshine. This morning I ran a quick 2.5 miles and damn if that isn't fun! To hell with the long distance running. Been there, done that. I've decided now to run shorter distances at higher intensity. I figure if it only takes me 20 minutes, I can do that first thing every morning instead of lounging in bed for that same period of time convincing myself to get up. Feels good.

I went to a "sick and wrong" Halloween party last night and it was grand. Except my old psych prof showed up dressed as Kinsey and silly me agreed to respond as Marilyn Monroe to his sick and wrong sex survey. Mind you, he's been trying to get these answers out of me ever since I wrote a paper about the sex, drugs and Drum and Bass club culture in Dublin for his cultural psych class. Turned out to be a very dirty night. But all talk. My nipples and I dressed up as MM may have inspired some mild flirtation and perhaps others and their snogging in the corners, but no real action for me and the girls. I guess I need titillation with brain chemistry action first and there wudn't nuthin' doin' for me there last night. Despite the basement dance floor with me twirlin' all over the middle of it. Oh well.

And I thought I was doing all good with my eating and then, well. Jello-shots with gummy worms and dill pickle potato chips and halloween candy happened at midnight after all my inhibitions were unleashed by Kinsey and all the ghoulish punch I was drankin'. Well? What the hell are holiday parties for?

At least I woke up and went for a wee run, ate some oats, a protein shake later . . . and then lunch at Panera with my mama happened. I ate a fatty, grilled sammich of some chickeny variety that was delicious. Tater chips to boot. Dang. I'll make up for it with some of my 9 gallons of French slimming soup I made yesterday for din-din.

Before lunch I tried on the suit at TJ's and it ain't right. Better not to buy anything that doesn't look good now, I've decided. So I bought a bunch of fancy knickers in the hopes that someone someday soon will care to see and delight in what I'm wearing beneath my trousers.

Oh and I'm close to booking my trip out East. The conference is paid for. . . .

So what's happening in your fit and flabuless world? Was D.C. a dranken'whorin'brawlin' kind of trip? How many BabyRuths and fistfuls of candy corn did you eat?

Comments:
I'm so happy you are happy and running again. I was real worried about you.
 
That's sweet of you, Carlitos. Yup, I'm doing better. Now let's talk about that little old text message you left me in the wee hours of the morning Sunday, hmmm? Whatever inspired that?
 
I didn't know about that text message until now! Don't drink and SMS.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?