Thursday, October 27, 2005

me again me again

You're doing soupair, dahlink!

Me, I'm okay. Still weird. Finally found out that my thyroid level has tripled--that's bad. Explains all kinds of stuff. My new Dr. has a plan. I am hopeful.

Tomorrow's TTT's b-day. We have an appointment at 10:15 and then we might watch her sister on Montel at 11. I should get her a giftie, no? But what?

I found a fucking gorgeous boutique-y suit that I desperately want from TJ Maxx. So. Cute. Flared little goldy-green short skirt, matching blazer with pale, blue trim and brass buttons. Sounds weird, but it's gorgeous. Problem is: it doesn't quite fit. It's not exactly cheap, either. Now, there are two schools of thought on this one. One school suggests one should only buy flattering clothes that truly fit the body one inhabits now; such a choice honors the body and the self. However, the TTT and Marezy school of thought says buy the fucking suit, hang it up, stare at it every day and use it as material motivation to whip self into shape for b-day, thanksgiving, chri-mas, etc. Use it as a tool to power through the holidays.

TTT says work your ass off now, get skinny for SF, cuz you'll be so much happier that way. She's so right.

29, bitches. 29. I can't be 29 and fat! with nary an interesting romantic prospect anywheres!

Fuck.

So, yesterday was the first day in a long time that I didn't eat crap. I usually start off well enough with an early breakie of 2 poached eggs, turkey bacon, small glass of grapefruit juice and coffee. Yesterday I also ate a balance bar at noon, an apple and a luna bar at 3, an Amy's veggie loaf at 4, a can of soup, broccoli slaw in vinagrette, and 3 squares of dark chocolate at 6. At 8 I had a mug of sugar free cocoa made with skim milk. I'm guessing yesterday's total falls somewhere around 1500 calories.

I did a tough legs workout with TTT and put in 30 minutes on the elliptical. I luxuriated in the steam room for a while. After that, I was thoroughly useless for the rest of the day.

Now I think I'm ready to start running again. It is, after all, only a month to the turkey trot. 'Course, I'm willing to skip the turkey trot in the name of drink if need be. Just so you know.

I can't wait to start my new thyroid meds. I might be a new woman soon!

As for you, I hope your therapist is a keeper!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?