Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oh Goddamn.

So. Saw my new doctor today. She's nice, I like her.

Unfortunately, I got bad news, and more bad news.

First off, I seem to have developed high blood pressure again. I wonder how. I have to eliminate salt, caffeine, and try to lose more weight. I didn't mention my stressy little life, but I'm sure that affected it, too. Dammit. Dammit to hell.

Second, I discovered that there is a five pound discrepancy between my home scale ($6, Target) and the big fancy doctor scale at my doc's office. As in, the doc scale reads 5 pounds higher than the home scale (nekkid, so I can't even blame it on clothes). I'm inclined to believe the doc scale. Which means I'm fatter than I thought. Dammit. Dammit to hell.

The good thing is, though, that I am not suffering the ravages of time at the ripe old age of 27, which is what I had believed before, because I kept thinking I didn't look the same at my "grad school weight" as I did in grad school. Shit, I just thought I was getting old and having to work harder at upkeep and "carrying weight differently." Hah! My damn scale was just wrong! I really am fatter than I was then!

Of course, this means I have to actually get back there, now.

Shit.

Comments:
Damn the scale. Damn it to hell.

From here on out, I'm paying attention to my trousers. They always tell me the truth.
 
danyel--yeah, it's the little delicious things that trip us up! I am once again in love with pumkin spice lattes at starchucks. I'll have to limit myself to one per week.

M--agreed! You know, since the end of my period yesterday, I seem to have lost five pounds of water? So now I actually am the weight I thought I was? My pants still don't fit like I'd like, though, and those will be my gauge from now on!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?