Monday, September 19, 2005

Hellooooooooo? Heeeeeellllllllllloooooooooooooooo?

So, I guess it's my turn to carry on the great tradition of the fit and flabuless diet blog. Dammit.

Um, I'm back to regular workouts! Yay! And I finally filled out that little paper that'll get mee $200 refund from my health insurance for being such a good little gym monkey. So, woot, cash comin' my way. Eventually. God only knows how long it'll take them to send it. And I signed up for more training sessions with Edwin. I love Edwin. Even if he does think appropriate trainer-trainee convo includes the neighborhood's best burger joints. So my first renewed session with him will be this Thursday. Yay!

Ah, also, did I mention how much I appreciate the new GM at my gym? He's so goddamned enthusiastic. Whatever they're paying him, they should raise it, because I think I'm actually going to go ahead and renew with them for next year. As opposed to fleeing for the JCC or NYSC, which is what I was planning to do at the end of summer. Eh, we'll see.

Also, and this is a big one--I found a lady sports dietitian that I might want to see. Maybe. Depends on her rates. But I like the fact that she designs nutrition plans for athletes. Maybe I'll do a consultation. Her lit says she likes to meet with her clients weekly, though. Which could be a serious blow to my wallet. Meh.

And finally: I have hearby banned myself from Big Nick's for the rest of the month. I ordered from there three times in the last week. Which, in case you haven't noticed, is two times more in one week than I declared I'd allow myself. Which means I gots a whole lot of make-up to do.

Okay, no, really, this is the last bit--After my gymery last night, I went and bought some actual veggies. And stilton. I think I'm going to grab some chicken consomme from Zabar's today, too. Which means Derishus Creamy Scottish Stilton Soup(TM) for me for dinner today, woohoo! In all, that would make this a good day in terms of intake. I had a soy/fruit smoothie for brekkie, and a cucumber salad for lunch. And coffee. I just bought some more cookware at that Amazon home goods sale thing, though, so of course I just want to spend all day at home planning fancy meals to make with my soon-to-arrive cast-iron skillet and Calphalon saucier. *rolling eyes at self* Why am I such a sucker for the housewares?

Comments:
I have to de-lurk here (I always imagine de-lurking as Star-Trak-style de-cloaking where first wavy lines appear and then I fade into view).

How do you find a dietician? I always thought they were mythical, like unicorns.
 
Oh, there were brochures in the gym. She was one of many. But I'm sure your doctor could help you find one, no?

See, you said "dietician!" Which is how I thought it was spelled, but I looked it up and they all call themselves "dietitians" now, which just looks wrong. Unless they are trying to make themselves sound like artistes of nutrition (as in "diet" + "Titian" Italian Renaissance artist, = dietitian).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?