Wednesday, July 06, 2005

You are not aloooone, doo da doo da doooooooo

So. Back in the gym today. Which makes me soooo happy. Ran into trainer Frank on the way out, who was all like, "Where were you this morning? We're supposed to be doing Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 am, right?"

Sigh. No, no we weren't. It's Mondays and Thursdays. (I know. I've got it in an email-trail. Jee-zus, if nothing else comes of this job, I will be an email-trail whore. Whore, I say!) Which I explained. Or tried, anyway. Then he was all "It's no big deal," in that way that men do when they realize they're totally wrong but don't want to admit it, so instead they pretend they're doing you a favor by dropping it. Hilarious. I swear, he is totally not writing any of this down. You cannot have two flaky people in a working relationship like this. I get to be flaky; I've already paid. That leaves him as the point man. I know I've seen him write something down. It just apparently isn't ever our scheduled meeting time.

I'll see him for real on Thursday. I hope. In the meantime, I need to keep up my cardio at a minimum of 45 mins. At this point, I think I should probably be in the 1 hour+ range, comfortably, but I only manage it about once per week. I think that has a lot to do with my time budgeting, though. I have to try to do a solid six days of 1 hr. cardio and see how it goes. I'm afraid I'll hurt myself, but we'll see. Tomorrow, 1 hr. cardio and about a half hour of resistance, since I only had time for about half a strength session today and 35 mins. cardio.

Today's eats:
1 Starbucks iced coffee, double espresso shots, soymilk, Splenda.
12 Cherries
2 Ryvitas with tuna salad (made with 10 calorie mayo alternative and mustard. Mmmmm. Heh.)
1 Amy's vegan pot pie
1 caesar salad with chicken, Annie's Naturals goddess dressing
big handful of blueberries, a couple of blackberries and 2 strawberries.
Splenda lemonade

Otherwise, nothing new or exciting to report. Uh, didja get my message about the weekend after next?

Congrats on your ediets joy! I might look into it later on, if my upped cardio and renewed low-carb-diet-vigor fail to produce the results I'm after. Let me know how you do on yours.

Talk soon!

Comments:
A possibly helpful suggestion:

Rather than increasing the time you spend on cardio, try upping the intensity, i.e. increase resistance, speed, both, or try your own kind of "tempo runs." Warm up for ten minutes, then go as hard and fast as you can for 20 seconds, recover for 40 seconds, and repeat 8-10 times, then cool down for 10 minutes. It shakes things up a bit, and I think it strains the littler muscles or something, so you end up getting stronger in different ways.

The thing is, if you keep at the rate you're going, you'll need to do 3 hours of cardio a day by the end of the year to keep improving. God help you, I hope you never have time for 3 hours of cardio a day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?