Monday, July 25, 2005

Pathology?

Alrighty. Now is the time that I must bust out with the love and the truth.

I have never, and I mean never, seen you as a fat person. I ain't lyin'.

Now, I know I met and have known you post-highest weight. Same goes for me, and this might 'splain our distorted views of ourselves compared to our views of each other. But I also think true friends see us for who we are--we love each other for our faults as much as for our good, to badly paraphrase Dylan Thomas.

So I think as we continually lose weight and shrink our bodies toward what we thought we always wanted, we need to keep that battle in mind: self-image. I've heard this is the problem with maintenance, a thing I've never reached long enough to discover its problems. But the hardest thing is the belief that no matter what happens on the outside, inside we still feel like the fat little girls who were teased, despised and shunned by the people from whom we most wanted approval. Conquering this is no small task, darlin'.

But I suspect until we come to terms with it, nothing will ever be enough. No amount of fat lost, muscle gained, titties lifted, skin tightened.

You are beautiful, inside and out. Just as you are. I wouldn't have been drawn to you if I didn't think this true. As shallow as that may sound, it's the damn truth. You are a gorgeous lady, and you better start believing it. Otherwise, I might just have to kick your ass.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?