Thursday, July 14, 2005

New Trainer!

I think I'm going with E., the trainer I mentioned last time F. flaked out. He did it again this week, and when I asked him if he was planning to get someone to cover for him, he got huffy and said he would just pass me off to another trainer, which is hilarious. Oh god, I'm surrounded by children all the time.

I don't know if he thought I'd be all, "No, don't do that!" but whatever. I said "Sounds good, thanks, I'll pick someone out today." And I did. E. is there all the time, or all the time I'm there, so there should be no problem with him. I hope. And now I have one less child to deal with. I hope. Fookin' hell.

I did some poking around online, and it turns out that the kind of flake-out F. pulls every week is not uncommon. In fact, many of the complaints I saw about trainers were about people not showing up or just canceling willy-nilly because they wanted to have lunch and all kinds of other bullshit. No wonder the fitness industry has a bad name. It seems to draw irresponsible, flakey people.

Comments:
Well it's about goddamn time! Maybe your new person will take an interest in what you need and want--boxing? MetRX bars? Huh? And that of course in addition to showing up.

I think the fitness industry is like all others: you get the good with the bad and likely, the good ones are pricier and more successful. Just a guess.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?