Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Marathon, baby!

So, I officially signed up for the marathon.

The Chicago Marathon!

Sunday, October 9, 2005!

I have reserved one of the last hotel rooms in the city proper for that Saturday night and you are welcome to join me as a spectator or a participant, if you are so inclined, and stay with me at the Essex Inn Grant Park, a three-star hotel with a pool and a sauna and an outdoor cafe, yay!

More and more people are walking marathons these days, or you could do the half, walk/run, or any combination thereof. But if you do want to register, you better do it quick, cuz it's filling up--they only allow 40,000 participants and they think at least that many will register by August.

I am so excited!

And, after a little investigation on ediets, I have come to the realization that the diet I am on is the friggin' ZONE diet and I didn't even know it!! Well, I kind of thought it was similar, but how fun is that? Weren't we just talking about the $33 a day home-delivered Zone diet in Manhattan. Now I get basically the same thing, except I have to do all the work and it only costs $12 a month. Happy days.

I still haven't written that Goddamn quiz, yet. When I perused the website, it profoundly irritated me, but I'll get back to it in a bit.

I have eaten well today, yet again. Oatmeal, berries, almonds, a hunk of cheese for breakie; a big green salad with shrimps, strawberries and cashews for lunch, and I'll soon have a snack of some sort. Pasta with chicken and veggies for dinner and then some kind of snack afterward. I am eating so much and that makes me sooooo happy.

Tomorrow I'll do another pace workout or something hard and run-y. I am so geeked about marathoning it. I know it's crazy, but I need crazy to push on through, you know?

I think it's time for that snack--tuna and avocado on ggs, methinks.

Hope you're having a good day, dahlink!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?