Saturday, July 02, 2005

I joined ediets

As I sit here on a Saturday night with my distended belly hanging over the top of my jeans because I finished off three cups of steaming hot basmati rice with pickled vegetable, I must ask you to disregard everything I wrote about any kind of self-realization and acceptance of my body, because I have bitten the big one and joined ediets.

It thoroughly pissed me off with all its pseudo pop-up offers for "essential diet tools" but by then it was too late and I managed to dodge them fairly effortlessly. I did have to fuck around with the different diet options before I settled on the glycemic index sans fake eggs, red meat, pork and soy. Now it looks like a diet I can adhere to, and it gives me a weekly shopping list, too--something I poo-pooed at first, but I think it might come in tres, tres handy. I have most of the stuff (besides the fresh ingrediments) already, anyway.

So, I have done this because I know eating is my weakest link. I need the structure, and hopefully after a few weeks of faithful adherance to the plan, my stomach will shrink, and I'll get used to the whole thing. Meaning: eating appropriate amounts of food. Because I know what I should and shouldn't be eating and how it should and shouldn't be prepared. I just eat too much of the dang stuff.

And this thing suggests that it will help me lose 10 pounds by August 6. Just in time for my friend Jessica's wedding. So, I'll keep you posted.

Hope yer having phun in philly!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?