Friday, July 15, 2005

I bought ice cream today

Meijer brand Butter Pecan sweetened with Splenda in a box, to be precise.

And I managed to make it a part of my Zone lunch. Amazing how a quarter cup of that stuff'll do ya. Yummy! And no guilt because of the Splenda and the fact that I ate one of my famous mixing bowls full of salad before the ice cream.

TTT is totally forgiven for not giving me her full attention on Wednesday. I am so easy. She told me I look smaller. Three times she said this. Then she asked me if I feel smaller. I said yes, cuz after your PT tells you three times you look smaller, you miraculously begin to feel smaller. It's the food, I swear. Maybe those mofo pace runs. And the endurance runs. It's certainly not the drunken Saturdays in Chicago. Although that was dang fun and totally worth it.

We'll know for sure if the downsizing is real when I weigh in on Sunday before my 14-mile run. Welcome to week 2 of marathon training.

Remember the egg white pannycakes? I finally figured out that they really are like pannycakes when you only use 2 egg whites, instead of my usual 4 or 6. Amazing. I had one with a slice of toast and three almonds with a little glass of milk for my bedtime snack last night. Oh how I love the Zone. Ish.

As for your dericious lunch yesterday in Harlem, here's what I have to say: if ever there was a glorious way to blow a dieting day, that is the way, my friend. One day we'll have to go to Memphis together so I can take you to my favorite of all places in the world to eat. Funny thing, you gotsta eat collard greens while you're there. And the best pie place in the world is across the street. Nothing like downhome cooking. And when you come with me to visit my daddy some time I'll take you to the best catfish joint in the world. Huck's. In Howe, Texas. With green tomato relish. And fried baby squash. Mmmmm.

I think it might be time for a snack.

So when I went to Meijer and bought the ice cream, I managed to pick up $35-worth of other stuff, too. Like Splenda (but it came with free koolaid and a cutie koolaid mixing spoon with the koolaid face cute out of it), cooking spray, Irish oats (set me back $6.29, but totally worth twice that), eggs (for the pannycakes), calamine lotion (goddamn spiders), toothpaste, one cucumber (I always feel funny with a single one in the cart), one avocado, a can of cashews and a can of almonds. I am the queen of nuts. Take that in any way you want.

Speaking of sexual innuendos . . . TTT had me doing all kinds of weirdo moves that appeared to be simulating sex. I don't know if we usually do such things, but I am only aware of it in certain moments of my cycle, or if she was inspired by how small I'm getting. I don't know. But have you ever used the -- oh forget it. I can't even describe it without laughing my ass off.

I hope your day got off to a better start after that initial 17-minute long mishap. You poor lady. I have four words for you:

Get a new job.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?