Sunday, July 31, 2005

Dude, where you at?

Why hast thou forsaken this bloggy-blog?

I suspect you are a tad DEpressed, and I don't like it when that happens.

How is your fitness and flabulessness? Are you still sore?

I gained five pounds this week. Carbo loading and exes who come to visit are soooooo not good for my fit and flabuless quest. At least I kept working out and running like a madwoman. I'm good for something. Really. I am.

Just not dieting.

You were so right. And wise. Crazy dieting just begs for a backlash. Plus I'm an emotional eater. This I know. I haven't mastered how to combat the tendency to stuff my face when the going gets tough. This, my friend, is exactly why I'm in the boat I'm in. Imagine how ginormous I'd be if I didn't exercise like a fiend. No, don't. It's too scary.

Size four, I fear, is a long way off.

I'm not giving up, though!

If I can fucking run 16+ miles at a stretch, I damn well can lose 30 pounds and keep it off.

So, my plan is to move on, learn from my mistakes, forgive myself, and ease up on the strictness of the goddamn Zone. That shit never works for long. Three weeks max, apparently. But I do think eating mostly fresh veggies and fruits balanced with some protein and healthy fat is a good long-term plan. But a little grain, a little drinkie, a little sweetie now and then should be a part of the plan. And the plan needs less planning, cuz I get a little hyper about it (as if you hadn't noticed!), and then I ditch and run, because truly I need more freedom to feel like myself. Spontaneity has to be planned into the plan, if you will.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about anymore.

I do know that I know how to eat right--for health, for weight loss--but the biggest road block for me is emotional eating. Since I cannot plan on life not throwing shit my way, I'm going to have to find a new, less self-sabotaging way to soothe my troubled spirit. And it cain't be drinkin' and it cain't be shoppin', my other vices of choice.

Thank God I stopped myself before pouring Bailey's into my protein shakes this week. I came close, though. . . .

I wish I enjoyed cleaning the house. That would be an excellent place to focus my nervous energies.

Meditation, perhaps?

Exercise, yes. I'm doing that. But it doesn't keep me from scarfing down every remotely starchy thing in the house.

I don't know. Perhaps I can just make these three-day stretches fewer and farther between. That would be progress, no?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?