Sunday, July 17, 2005

Congrats on your lost poundage!

You gotta do what works, man. And it looks like your crazy system is working for you! Hooray!

I respect your desire to proselytize the superstrict regime. I just think we are in different boats. I've got a lot farther to go than you've got, you know. Which means I'll have to work at this for a very long time. Which means I have to be able to endure it for a very long time. (I know you are working cuh-razy hard, I'm not saying you aren't ma dear, but you can see the end, it is within your grasp, and then you'll have maintenance, which is no picnic, I know. I'm looking at a good year more, at least, and then very likely a nip-and-tuck or two. Christ.) Big runs and super strictness for me will be much more important when I've lost another 20 pounds and plateaued than right now when I'm cruisin'. Because right now, even with my occasional bouts of wingery, I am still losing weight, probably because I know when I've gone overboard a day or two and then balance myself out. And I know that, say two months from now, I'll get stuck in a rut. And that's when I'll need the pep talks and crazy strict routines and fancy breathing exercises. Because that's when what I'm doing will have stopped working out, and when I'll want to, too.

Also, I just don't feel the diet-plan passion. If you'll recall, a certain birthday book had this to say about my birthday: people born on this day just don't work with strict diet plans at all. Which is hilariously true. I'm much happier keeping an eye on how I've done for the week, all in all, than tracking everything I've consumed and micromanaging my meals. That shit makes me nuts.

Which is all to say, I know you're coming from a place of love. I hear your enthusiasm, and draw encouragement from it. But save the finger waggin' for when I say "I've given up, this is impossible!" because that is when it'll be most needed! Teehee!

Comments:
I know, I know. All right. It never was meant as finger wagging, anyway.

I'm happy if you're happy and yay for us for getting fit+flabuless day by day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?