Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Am I blogging by myself here, lady?

I know yer busy and all, but how am I supposed to get fit and flabuless by my own self? Dang.

So, I did indeed do a pace run this morning and it kicked me pretty hard. The good news is I did it all by myself. I ran steady for 15 minutes and then ran as hard as I could until I reached a tree or a sign in the distance and then I ran steady and slower for recovery. Then repeated until I cooled down. They call them fartleks. That makes it even funner.

Then I met Tracy at 11:15 and she worked me HARD. I was doing incline chest presses with 25-lb dumbells. Dang. That was hard. Then I did the ARC for 30 minutes while I read O magazine from May. There was a particularly good interview with Tina Turner, whom I often dressed up as a child and cut my Barbies' hair to emulate hers. Love her. Got inspired by the article.

Ate delicious ediet day 3 things such as: toast with avocado and tuna and blueberries for breakie; turkey with bbq sauce, couscous almond pilaf, spinach salad and a peach for lunch; two ggs, cottage cheese, blueberries and almonds for a snack. For dinner I'm having veggie chili and salad and for a late-night snack I'm having a blackberry smoothie. Yay!

It is a particularly beautiful, clear day today. I've been sitting outside on my upstairs balcony overlooking the lake reading Somerset Maughm. Delicious.

Now I need to haul my ass to ballet. I think I might bike there, but it might do me in. We shall see. . . .

All this work better pay off, but even if I don't lose an arseload of weight, I'll appreciate what I'm doing. Really, the food is great, the exercise makes me feel so much better. I've decided to stay focused on the process and enjoying the day-to-day. If I'm making you puke, I'm sorry; I'm just riding the happy wave. Maybe the hard running kicked in those endorphins long term. One can only hope. . . .

Isn't it weird how just last week i was all in a friggin funk? The ups and downs. . . .

Love you. Hope yer having a good day at the bunker. . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?