Wednesday, June 22, 2005

You inspire me.

You really do.

1. You are so smart and funny and right on with the way you approach life. I lurve that about you.

2. Damn, but you're determined!

3. You can eat egg white "pancakes" and love them. I must work on this skill.

4. Yer funny!

5. Well, you just do, okay?

So I had a beautiful session in the gym today. I spent about 2 hours, give or take a few minutes, doing resistance and cardio and I just felt really, really good afterwards. I will be glad when I have even more time off, so I can go back to doing things like my crazy three hour walks and what have you. I dunno, I may even become a runner this summer. The desire is there, but I fear for my knees and toes. In the past, when I've given running a try, I've either ended up with joint issues or lost toenails. Which is why I so love the elliptical, but peddling away in a basement is getting OLD.

Sigh. I'm looking forward to being good and sore tomorrow. And if I'm not, I may bend the rules and go for two resistance days in a row. I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do, and it is so hard with this new schedule. When My day ends, I can't just take off for the gym, and I can't linger before work, because rather than 30 seconds, it takes 45+ minutes to get there, now. Meh.

I'd like to take up swim lessons again, too. It's cheaper out in the work area, but I think I'd like a little private time, you know? I'd like to be a swimmer. They're also teaching friggin' hand-to-hand combat classes at my gym now. Intriguing, but I don't know how I'd explain black eyes at work. It's hard enough with the piercing and soon-to-have-to-be-revealed tattoo. Gawd.

How was Fight Club, btw? Did you drool over Brad Pitt's revealed lower ab/hip cut muscles and Hustler shirts? Or get all geeked about the brutal flesh-pounding fights like I did?

I didn't start the diet today. I meant to, but I screwed up in planning ym day and didn't have time to make my lean-protein lunch, so I ended up eating what was on hand during the day--eggs, rugelach, potato chips, a diet ice cream sammich, and finally, at home, some funky beef and broccoli I made with thin "steak sandwich" cuts of beef anf frozen broc. Not bad, but I'm really glad I put one of those steaks aside for later to eat in a pure grilled meat form. I've realized that cut of beef is perfect for dieting: it's lean, and I got a three steak pack, just over half a pound, which would put those steaks right in that 3 oz. recommended diet meat serving size range. I got equal sized cuts of chicken breast, too, which, once separated and frozen, should keep me in the perfect portions for a good week or so, for cheap. I'm happy.

Okay, enough for now. I'll call you in the afternoon?

Comments:
Good fer you and yer mega gym session!

If you want to run and avoid the ailments you've gotten in the past, get some proper shoes in the right size (it's worth getting fitted at a real runner's store--I got mine at the Boston Marathon store on Boylston and I always wear running shoes one size bigger than my street shoes: no lost toenails that way), and start slowly. See my next post for details.
 
Good fer you and yer mega gym session!

If you want to run and avoid the ailments you've gotten in the past, get some proper shoes in the right size (it's worth getting fitted at a real runner's store--I got my first proper pair at the Boston Marathon store on Boylston and I always wear running shoes one size bigger than my street shoes: no lost toenails that way), and start slowly. See my next post for details.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?