Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ipod scare

So, I strap it on for a good ol' run this morning and halfway through "vertigo" the mother freezes. Today is not a day I can run without my tunes. So I boggle and press and boggle and press and in the meantime take a 30-minute walk through the nature preserve. No tunes. So I go home and do my core secrets workout, then check my ipod and it has died, so I figure it'll start up again and I'll go for a run, since I'm already sweaty and stanky and in my workout gear. Strap her on again and start to jog to "Vertigo" again and she freezes. But then I see it's a battery issue! yay! Just needs more juice. But I'll be damned if I'm running in this heat without Bono cheering me on. So I went home and had breakfast--egg-white omelette central with fat free cheese.

I got my story filed at 12:30 last night. Now I have to get working on the next one so I can get to Chicago to see you! I also have to grade a ton of papers, get my grades in, write that letter, finish the course proposal, go to ballet and host a lunch tomorrow for my SI leaders. Sheesh oh pete. I am looking forward to letting it all hang out in Chicago.

How are you for cash? I'm a little concerned about all the fancy eatin' out. I was thinking maybe we should stock our hotel fridge with yogurts and whatnot (maybe I'll track down the whole foods ahead of time) for breakfasts or something. But then again, we love eating breakfast out! Hmmm. Maybe we'll have to hotdog it for lunch. It's just that I don't have a mega-budget going in, and I'm thinking about how to cut corners that will hurt the least. Any ideas? I'm thinking about this now because I know as soon as I get a few drinks in me, all my money concerns will disappear . . . until I'm sober again. Shit. I've also devised a new vodka plan that involves hiding the contraband in water bottles to sneak into Grant Park.

Okay. Off to work on all my projects so I can get to you on time!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?