Sunday, June 26, 2005

HOT

Are you out at the bunker today? Are you glad? It's friggin hot all over the place, it seems, but it's always nicer in the country and near water than near concrete whence the temp rises above 90 degrees. . . .

It's been too hot for running, I've decided. So, I've spent the past several days reading on the deck in my bathing suit and hopping into the lake whenever I get too hot. Then I generally hop back in as soon as I get dry. I went for a proper swim this morning, though. I almost went across the lake, inspired by "Motorcycle Diaries" last night, but my fear of getting my head chopped off by a speed boat unawares stopped me. I swam out to the middle then returned to shore and repeated. Twice.

Then I got to eat my egg white pancake and chai tea latte as I watched Bono follow Rummy on "Meet the Press." Yay. NYT all day long with eating and swimming every now and them has made this a friggin pleasant Sunday, despite the HEAT. of course, I love the heat.

I've been eating all kinds of delicious yet diet-friendly things, and I've been very strict with myself in limiting my ice cream consumption to once a day. Love the Klondike no sugar added bars and sammiches. A veggie burger, no bun and my favo coleslaw was lunch and a peach and some bran crackers with laughing cows for snacks. I treated myself last night to microwave smart pop kettle corn during the movie, even though I'm trying not to do the starchies late at night. What the hell? I don't think the fat free low cal popcorn will do me in, do you?

It's going to be in the 90s all week and MUGGY, so I'll probably be swimming and hauling my ass to the gym. it's been hard to get back into running, especially with my ipod on the fritz. I might bike later. The forced breeze makes it pretty cool. If I ran fast enough to create such a breeze I'd be too hot or even passed out to enjoy it, methinks.

Call me when you get back into range. . . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?