Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Stayin' alive

Running today was hard. Legs sore from the hopping squats or squatting hops (perhaps I did both)--them gams feel heavy like lead as I lift them up and pound the pavement. Ipod helped muchas.

Now I gots ballet to look forward to tonight. Last Thursday I went too long without eating and had a hard time making it through class, so today I'm getting smart and bringing a 5 o'clock snack to help me push on through.

I tried on my blue motivation pants today (a little overzealous, perhaps, but I pride myself on being o.z. at times), and I swear they fit a little better than when I bought them on Sunday. Could this be possible? I'm gonna stick with yes simply for motivation's sake.

I also tried different food today, which was a little bit fun (like so many food things these days when it is scarce compared to the bingeing days of yore). For breakfast I ate 4 GGs with my dilled egg salad, chopped up carrots and celery, 1/4 of a cantaloupe and three cups of delicious creamy skimmy latte coffee. This was after my challenging run, so it was all the more delicious for the mere fact that I was no longer pounding the pavement. I also broke my tv watching while eating rule and tuned in to the View, which is a guilty pleasure of mine. We would be so much better than they are--don't you think? Who else would we have on our version of the View? Sher and one of your Yalies? Wouldn't we be fab?

Anywho, back to the new food. For lunch I made Dr. G's green and white dip, consisting of 1/2 cup ricotta with sauteed spinach, italian herbs, salt, pepper and 2 T of mozzarella melted on top (I added tiny broccoli florets and red pepper flakes) which I ate with yellow pepper slices, cucumbers and celery. Quite filling and rather tasty, although it needed a little something else--soy sauce, maybe? I don't know, but I really enjoyed the texture and creamy deliciousness. I followed it with a cup of chai and am happy as a clam. In fact, so happy that I'd really like to blow off the rest of the day and nap (the exercise is getting to me--I can tell I'm hitting a little wall, damn hopping squats. But when this happens we must remind ourselves of the prize: for me, svelte thighs in my blue trousers and a slimmed down self in a white tutu and pink tights (one can't hide a thing in those buggers).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?