Monday, May 16, 2005

stankless kraut poo

Well, well, I'm glad to hear the smartdogs and sauerkraut is working for ya. I think that somehow once your system gets used to the increased fiber, most of the stank factor (in all its forms) disappears. Or maybe I'm becoming oblivious to my own farts.

I hauled my ass to the gym this morning just for my own self--no Tracy appointment--and I worked hard! Not as hard as when I'm with Tracy, mind you--I did two sets of things instead of three and just kind of tinkered around as quickly as I could then hopped on the ARC thingy for 40 minutes. But I'm proud of meself for going and making real a third day of weight training per week.

The upshot--why I didn't lead with this speaks to my shoddy journalism training, no doubt--is that when I hopped on the scale it read 160.4, nearly 4.5 pounds down from last Wednesday! It's working, it's working! Granted, I was premenstrual last Wednesday and now presently menstrual, so it could all be bloat weight gone, but what do I care? It's motivating, man! And I do think that eating right is the key beyond keys for weight loss--first and foremost we gotsta get a grip on the intake. I'm glad that even with the Saturday night drinkies, cakes and midnight omelette, it's panning out. I guess that's another good thing about being consistently careful about what goes down the hatch the rest of the week.

Yesterday I bought a girdle. This to me is a sign of maturity and intelligence. And a likelihood that I do not expect to get laid when I wear it. Let me explain: I realize and accept the fact that purty little lacy and sexy knickers and braziers rarely translate into purty and sexy when ill-fitting (which they always are on me) and beneath clothing. Despite my girdle's godawful beigeness and non-slip straps and the fact that the 75-year-old German lady who sold it to me at Marshall Field's told me she was wearing the exact model at that very moment and what a dream it was, it is fabulous in that it smooths out all the unseemly bulges and creases in my torso. This is a necessity when wearing a shiny, silk, relatively hot pink dress to a wedding one is attending without a date.

On a much happier note, I bought two pairs of trousers and two tops at the Gap--all on clearance. One pair of trousers is chocolate brown and fabulous and I am wearing them right now, and the other pair is kind of a dark and faded sort of ocean blue, but more neutral than that. They are low-rise and hit me right at my most bulgy spot beneath my belly button and they are a smidge too tight. Well, if smidge too tight means from my knees to my belly becomes instant sausages. But I can button and zip them and I'm certain less prudent folks would easily wear them in my state of (the way they) fit. However, I bought them and hung them up on the outside of my closet so I see them first thing in the morning and think how badly I would like them to fit really nicely so for the rest of the day I will do everything I can that will lead to that end. If you have an item of clothing you would really like to fit into, I strongly encourage you to put it somewhere you can see it regularly. It's a good motivator.

And most importantly, I now own a pair of green shoes and a pair of blue shoes. I love them, and now I should be done with shoes, but I have a feeling I'm just getting started. . . .

Tell me, dahlink, how did your session with the trainer go today? I am so eager to hear, and I hope he kicked your ass just enough that you feel fabulous!

Comments:
yay for your loss!

I gotta go to work, but I'll tell you about trainer frank later...

it was a good session, we'll see how it goes.

good day!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?