Monday, May 02, 2005

Sluggery.

I have had a terrible two days.

Well, hang on.

Some time Saturday I weighed myself and found I had mysteriously dropped 5-6 pounds. I have no idead how that happened, unless my new workout strategy--longer periods of faster cardio with less resistance (read: I used to do 30-45 minutes of elliptical training on levels 12-15 out of 20, averaging 50 RPM, but now I do 30-60 mins of level 9-12 at 65-70 RPM). I don't know if my diet has been all that respectable. Anyway, some pounds were gone.

Sunday mornin' I had a big ol' bowl of Special K and some chai before I raced upstairs to work. It was a 14 hour day, though, so I think I only had a Nile big minestrone, some matzoh and a few pear slices during the day. At the end of the day I had some of my own leftover fatty shrimp chow fun and someone else's leftover peanut noodles (bad, bad, bad).

Today was another long day, 12 hours straight. All I had all day was starchy carby food. Leftover strawberry bread for brekkie, a half a bagel and a matzoh for lunch, a half a bagel and a matzoh for snack (what in the hell?) and I just had a solid protein dinner: eggs n' beans. I think I'll have a salad later tonight just so I can have something fresh in my system. I fear that, by the end of this week, I'll likely have gained it all back in bloat, at least.

You have made some wonderful points herein, m'dear. And of course you're right. We must treat and see ourselves as we see each other (and you know I love and respect you to bits, right?). But isn't that the bane of women everywhere? Bending over backwards to give to others what we never bother to give ourselves?

I'm so glad you are having good times with the sweetie dawg! If he weren't a dawg I'd call him a pussycat! I know you will, anyway, wontcha? (I have been fantasizing about a life with pets recently, and I think I'd want a big doggie like Nick. But I was reading through a site Jung sent me a link to and I hit on something: a scimitar. I'm always picking out pet names, I guess the way most people pick out baby names. Anyway, I think it would be fun to get a tiny, shivery, yappy dawg and name him Scimitar the Bone Crusher. Maybe two--the other could be named something like Devils' Bane, Trusty Steed. Is it wrong to want a pet solely for the sake of irony?)

God, I don't take anything seriously, do I?

I will take my body seriously, though. I'm headed to the gym for a quick work-out.

How are you doing today, lady? Don't let the upstarts get you down! Hope you're having a fabulous class!

Comments:
I knew you wuz bizzy cuz I hadn't hurd from ya. So happy to know yous is alive and 5-6 pounds down. Remember when you were kicking ass and the scale went up? I've heard this can happen. It's an evil trick to test your powers of will and self-love (no not the naughty kind; oh, woops. that's self-abuse. teehee). Keep on working it, lady! And congrats!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?