Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Pizza woes

I hosted a little preliminary lunch meeting/training for my future ARC kids today and got assloads of cookies, pizza, mountain dew, you know your usual college fare plus a bag of apples and animal crackers for the diet conscious. I ate a slice of mushroom pizza and an apple, and am mildly feeling like a cheat. But I'm working hard to reign myself in and say a damn slice of pizza can be a part of a healthy diet as long as the dieter chooses not to obsess. I hate those obsessive dieters; they're so irritating. But isn't that what I've become?

No running today; just ballet tonight and training tomorrow with Tracy. I am trying to protect myself from fitness burnout. I don't understand the concept of moderation, and I am trying to teach myself; but it's a little like the blind leading the blonde, if you know what I mean.

I feel change a brewin' darlin' and I hope it's good. I felt change a brewing 11 years ago right before I got diagnosed with cancer, so I'm always a little fearful when my sixth sense kicks in in this way. I'll keep you posted.

I'm just looking forward to relaxing for a little while, starting with Chicago!!!

On a side note, tomorrow is Ramon's birthday and I'm debating whether I should acknowledge it or not. I want to because I'm thinking about him and I want to be kind, but then again, why should he get the benefit of my love?

Aargh.

Lay off the coffee flavoring and any other food item (unless it's pickled) purchased at Marshall's or other discount/defect stores. It never works out; trust me. I once bought a dozen boxes of fancy chocolates on clearance at Marshall's with the intention of giving them as gifts. They were all stale and narsty.

I still haven't bought my cuz a wedding gift. I think I'll head to TJ Maxx tomorrow and look for something. I am so opposed to the idea of a wedding registry that I simply will not participate. Electric frying pan and batteries, my arse.

How you?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?