Thursday, May 19, 2005

FABulous if not yet flabuless

I am a new woman.

$214 later, I should be. But money is nothing, dahlink, when the credit card company has increased your spending limit.

My blonde and curly-curls have been refreshed, my mustache and errant eyebrow hairs removed, and my spirit renewed. It's amazing what a well-timed trip to the salon can do for a gal's whimpering soulstate.

They were even giving away samples of hair products and locally-made organic truffles. It was like a dream sequence in the midst of a dark novel.

Now I am sitting at my favorito coffee shop sipping a $4 skim, decaf latte with sugar free almond flavor, gleefully hooked up to the free wireless connection and feeling fine. No exercise yet today, and that is fine, too.

Outside the heavens are pissing on Kalamazoo and withholding sunlight, but the light is in me, if only for a moment.

Goddamn, I don't know what they're putting in the hairdye these days, but it's some good shit. And fuckin' cheap compared to cocaine.

I just got a brilliant idea. How about we each start a little savings account for our fabulous holiday--whether it be Vegas or Scotland or whatever--and set a certain amount of money to put in and a goal to be reached before we tap into it. For example, I'll put $25 a week into my savings account and when my weight dips below 140, I can tap into the account for our holiday. Or, we could just set a goal date--and until that date we commit to the gym three times a week and keeping an honest food diary. Something like that. What do you think?

Comments:
you are so funny, with your pissing heavens and cocaine hair dye! I'm sure you look absolutely beautiful! It made me sad when you talked about your little hurtied soul, though! When you put it that way, makes me wanna cry, yes sirree.

I think your savings idea is a wonderful plan. It would very likely be wise of me to have two savings accounts instead of one, so that I do not think of my regular savings account as my vacation fund, which I do. I know, bad bad. I think the weight goal is a good idea, but is the idea then that we won't vacation until we hit goal weight? That may be too hard for me, cuz my ultimate goal is 125, and that is a loooooong way off. Funny, my intermediate goal is 140. My by-the-end-of-summer goal, though, is 160, I think. That's still another 30 lbs. you know, which will be damned difficult.

Can't wait to see your refreshed locks, dahlink! Maybe I'll go get a pedi today... Talk later?
 
No, no. Our ultimate goals will likely take a year or more, and we should think of them as loooong term, cuz that's the only way they stick. The vacation will be an intermediary marker/motivator to keep us going. We'll shoot for a little something or other and reward ourselves with a little action (or inaction, as in lying by or in the pool) in Vegas or somewheres else. Did you get my travelzoo email?

And I do think you should go get a pedi--the pampering is even better when you really need/have earned it. No pedis for me until after the ballet though--gots to keep the callouses on my toesies good and hard.

Also, I've decided not to have a goal weight, really. I mean, I have in mind something like 128ish, but I have the feeling that if I'm too attached to a relatively arbitrary number I won't be able to see what I've accomplished until I reach that number, which really shouldn't even have to happen for me to think of myself as successful. Does that make sense? I just think we should protect ourselves from self-sabotage whenever possible.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?