Monday, May 02, 2005

Carb face

As for you, is for me. But I gots ya beat all tah hell and gone as far as carb abuse is concerned. I stopped off at the Panera and got myself 3 bagels and ate them on the way to my interview at Ballet Arts Ensemble where I was meeting a photographer to capture (not literally, mind you) three lovely, sprite-like high school age ballerinas, the sort of girly-girl I probably would have hated in high school for no damn good reason save for the non-size of their thighs. Afterwards, I stopped off at the other Panera to get more bagels only to find they were all out (gee, perhaps a couple of me's stopped in previously and cleaned the place out), so I bought two cookies, a scone, and a giant diet pepsi to warsh it all down. Mind you, this all happened after a morning of an omelette with spinach and tomatoes, coffee with sour milk (don't ask), 6 bran crackers with fat free cream cheese and strawberries, two energy bars, two droste dark chocolate coins, a black bean burrito and an Amy's tex-mexish bowl. Need I say I was on deadline? I gotsta quit working from home or something.

The good news is I filed the story, graded 8 papers, conducted four phone interviews, confirmed a photo shoot, put a call in to the personal trainer, bathed, primped, did the aforementioned in-person interview, prepped class and taught class. All in a day's work, lady. Now, the thing is, I feel (and look) bloated, but I feel good about what I've accomplished and frankly, a little energized. This in the face of a 14-hour day (so far). Now. I say this not to irritate you, but to juxtapose it with your 14-hour day that has left you sapped and to make the point that yes, you too (U2!) can work hard and feel like yourself and proud and like you've achieved something as long as you fold yourself into the right circumstances. Which I know you can. And. I know you will. Because I believe in you. Lady. Friend.

Alright, now I'm tired. And if any of that came off as even the slightest bit self-righteous or condescending, please forgive me. It comes only from the purest place of love in my heart.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?