Sunday, May 22, 2005

. . . and the livin' is easy

I am taking a day off, dammit!

I am proud to announce that I had a personal best yesterday as I crossed the Race for the Cure finish line in less than 27 minutes! Last time I ran a 5k my pb was just under 30.

My mama and Nick came out to watch me run and we went for pannycakes afterwards. Them was good, too. Next time you come to Kal I'll have to bring you to Food Dance Cafe for Pannycakes.

Then my mama helped me clean the house a little and we went and bought shoesies (more sandals from Shoe Carnival) and then we went and bought meat and buns and I grilled burgers and made a couple veggie salads and we ate dinner like summer queens out on the deck overlooking the lake. Nick was pooped after all that walking and running and swimming. Summer is a different world around here, and I like it.

So, as you can see, I was lax about dieting, but hell, gotta take it easy once in a while, no? And damn was that burger good! I can't even remember the last time I had red meat. Mmmmm. Sorry, I'll stop now.

Did you hear that Karzai gave the commencement address at BU? How come we got stuck with George Will? Dang. We sure did make the best of that day, didn't we?

I think we should take a little trip to Boston. Wouldn't that be fun?

Talk later?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?