Friday, April 29, 2005

weird shit, but delicious

Aha! We're up and running, hooray. I ran yesterday for the first time in a week and dang if I don't feel more human when I do that. Although my mary jane injury/bruised foot is none the better for it. Not to have been improved by a couple of hours in pointe shoes last night. Alas, one must suffer to be . . . fit, perhaps in addition to beautiful? Cruel world.

Youse a funny lady droppin' your bfast on the floor. Did you eat the dropped half? You know I would have; in fact, I think once something has hit the floor, its calories are reduced by half. . . .
Okay, it's precisely that sort of self-delusion that will not aid on our journey to fit+flabuless. Support, not co-dependence in debauchery. Righ'.

Which brings me to the weird shit, but delicious part of what I wanted to write. I have discovered some mighty tasty diet food, that I believe even when I overindulge leaves me feeling thinnish the next morning (the thinnish are related to the Finnish and the Dublish when they don't drink too much Guinnish). SO here goes: Dannon Light 'n Fit Carb control yogurt in vanilla cream flavor. It comes in packs of four little containers that total a mere 60 calories a pop. Add a little Walden Farms calorie free chocolate syrup, a few raspberries and a few squirts of Redi-Whip fat free whoop cream, and you got yerself something to moan over (i know, I know--it's been a while, we all know). It also works with the strawberry cream flavored yogurt, although your delight in that combo will depend entirely on your tolerance for fakey strawberry flavor.

I'm also into little apples, fluffy omelettes made with three egg whites and a whole egg plus a chopped tomato and a slice of fat free american single cheese (although I've never before encountered a "cheese" that is bright orange and coats my teeth; delicious nonetheless, especially with fresh parsley mixed into the eggs to make une omelette fromage aux fines herbs--I find if I indentify something in French, it lends immediate elegance--something that is all too lacking in the orange goo that sticks to my teeth). What else? Luna bars, especially nuts over chocolate and chocolate pecan pie flavors and chocolate brownie clif bars; amy's organic soups and dinners; my lemony crab soup I told you about and skinny cow (that's what we'll become by our new year's holiday abroad) fudge bars. And I've done the unthinkable and purchased fat free bologna. Which I like. Nicely garlic-y and pairs nicely with the garlic and herb laughing cow cheese wedges on fiberific crackers of one sort or another for lunch. And fat-free, skim, decaf lattes with cinnamon and splenda.

I can't believe I'm putting all this in print.

I know one day I'll say to myself why all the fake food? This can't possibly be nourishing. But until then, I'll enjoy the strange adventure.

I've also been calculating my calories, and except for weekends when I go hog wild, I'm taking in around 1300-1700 calories a day, which should result in a 1-2 pound loss per week. Which, I've decided, is fast enough, cuz just think: there are 36 weeks left in the year. How fit and flabuless (and less flatulent) will we be toasting 2006 beneath L'tour Eiffel (or beneath a couple of spicy Spaniards!)?

Comments:
Teehee at your spicy spaniards, you saucy strumpet! Your yogurty-whip-up sounds mighty tastey, I must say, but that bologna is baloney! I don't actually have any american singles cheese, I should keep stuff like that on hand. Single serving things make calorie calculating much easier. Good job on your maintaining your good foods, though! Well done!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?