Saturday, April 30, 2005

delighting in the big ball and one pooped poochie

So I took Nick the dog for a nice, long 45-minute walk through the nature preserve trails, and man is that dog tired. Still cute and sweet, though. I, on the other hand, had the energy to try out my new core secrets ball and DVD and found it most amusing and only slightly challenging. Now I'll have to buy the extra DVDs. It's fun, let me tell you. Nick was looking at me like I was nuts, then I swear he started making the same motions with his legs. Fit and flabuless is contagious!

As for the eating, getting out of the house was a good idea. Not only did I walk and pounce on the bouncy ball, but I hauled my ass to the library, the video store and Meijer where I stocked up on more low carb yogurt, squirt cream, and laughing cow because they were on sale. And I bought three bottles of white wine--now it's officially summerish. I declare. Oh, plus strawberries, broccoli, raspberries and mushrooms in the fresh department. Made myself a fine dinner of brown rice pasta (quite good, actually and none of the nasty gluten in the regular kind) with every damn vegetable in the house: asparagus,spinach, garlic, sun dried tomatoes (not technically a vegetable, I know), broccoli, shallots, plus a few squirts of butterific spray, some parmesan cheese and a spoonful of chili garlic sauce. Tasty. Then I couldn't resist one of my yogurt sundaes following two bran crackers topped with neufchatel, smoked salmon and chives from the garden (I felt I needed some protein if this meal was gonna stick). Now I'm having some cocoa spice tea with milk and splenda and watching a fil-um. Wish you were here. We'd be laughing our heads off, sitting on the deck in our sweats and perhaps into the second bottle of wine. Better than tea and mooooovie. Oh! I also got The Hamilton Case and Narcissus in Chains (the only Laurell K. Hamilton book not checked out) plus several books written by people I'll be taking classes from next year. We'll see how far I get before the weekend's out. . . .

Hope yer having a fine time of it. Ciao bella.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?